The studio space was completely raw when I rented it. It didn't even have drywall, and part of the flooring was missing. The landlord fixed the floor and drywall as part of the condition of the lease, but there was still a lot of work to do to turn my tiny little art barn it into a functional printshop. First step: creative use of vertical space!
To get everything off the floor and put away so we can forklift the press into place when it arrives, I spent the past couple weeks building some wall-mounted shelving for all my inks and other supplies. Most of the work I did myself, but I'm indebted to my friend Deanna, who stood under the 8-foot shelves and held those suckers up like Hercules for the final drilling. Still some work to do, but a vast improvement on the original state of the place.